Cloverleaf has implemented a Wellness Committee to promote healthy living for our students, faculty and families. Studies show that when schools implement good nutrition and physical activity before, during and after the school day, higher grades on standardized tests, lower absenteeism and better performance on cognitive assessments are the result. Our district empowers its students and staff to develop lifelong wellness habits.
Cloverleaf wellness initiatives include:
- Cloverleaf students have access to healthy foods throughout the school -- both through school meals and other foods available throughout the campus -- in accordance with federal and state nutrition standards;
- Students receive quality nutrition education that helps them develop lifelong healthy eating behaviors;
- Students have opportunities to be physically active during and after school;
- Schools engage in nutrition and physical activity promotions to enhance student and staff wellness;
- School staff are encouraged and supported to practice healthy nutrition and physical activity behaviors in and out of school;
- The Wellness Committee will participate in grant writing to support the implementation of wellness initiatives;
- Cloverleaf establishes and maintains an infrastructure for management, oversight, implementation, communication and monitoring of the policy. Cloverleaf also establishes goals and objectives for the policy.
- Staff wellness initiatives will allow staff to lead by example and exemplify healthy nutritional and physical fitness practices.
This policy applies to all students, staff and schools in the district, as approved by the Cloverleaf Board of Education.